What is the meaning of aerobic exercise?
Aerobic exercise provides cardiovascular conditioning. The term aerobic actually means “with oxygen,” which means that breathing controls the amount of oxygen that can make it to the muscles to help them burn fuel and move.
Examples of aerobic exercise include:
- Swimming laps
- Using an elliptical trainer
- Jumping rope
Benefits of Aerobic exercise
- Improve cardiovascular conditioning.
- Decrease risk of heart disease.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increase HDL or “good” cholesterol.
- Helps to better control blood sugar.
- Assists in weight management and /or weght loss.
- Improves lung function.